Current Certified Michigan ProMovers:
Aberdeen Van Lines, Inc.
Boer's Transfer & Storage Co.
Corrigan Moving Systems
DMS Moving Systems
McKenzie Moving & Freight Systems
Palmer Moving & Storage
Preferred Moving & Storage
Premier Relocations, LLC
Stevens Van Lines, Inc.
Two Men And A Truck - Grand Rapids South
University Moving & Storage Co.
By now you are likely familiar with AMSA's ProMover Program which recognizes and identifies quality professional moving companies for the benefit of consumers. The AMSA ProMover logo represents certification for interstate moves. We are proud to announce that the Michigan Movers Association is partnering with AMSA to bring a Michigan ProMover certification to movers who represent excellence in local and intrastate moves.
The criteria to become a MMA ProMover in Michigan are similar to the qualifications required by AMSA for interstate ProMover approval. MMA membership is required to become a MMA ProMover in Michigan.
To apply for MMA ProMover in Michigan status and receive certification for your intrastate and local moving excellence, please download and complete the Michigan ProMover Signatory Agreement and mail it to the MMA office with the appropriate application fee. The Michigan ProMover Agreement renews every September 1 so applications received through August, 2015 will provide program enrollment through August 31, 2016
Members of both MMA and AMSA $210
Member of MMA only $300
* This does not include either MMA or AMSA membership dues.
Who Is Eligible?
Why use a Michigan ProMover?
They uphold ethical and honest business practices.
ProMover, the U.S. moving industry's consumer protection and certification program, is designed to fight fraud by giving you an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from con artists out to make a quick buck at your expense. Every Michigan ProMover has pledged to abide by all applicable state regulations and the Michigan Movers Association's Code of Ethics.
Michigan ProMovers are screened to save you time and energy.
The Michigan ProMover program takes the worry and the hassles out of moving by helping you easily identify quality professional movers in Michigan. Every Michigan ProMover is only authorized to display the program's logo after undergoing an extensive background check to make sure they're who they say they are.
Michigan ProMovers take the guesswork out of the moving process.
Top tips for a successful move:
- Be wary of "final" phone or Internet estimates. Get three in-home, written estimates and show the mover everything to be moved, including items in attics, basements, garages, storage areas, sheds, etc. Typically, two of the estimates will be close in price, weight, and service. Select one of those; movers with unusually high or low bids should generally be avoided.
- Be wary of carriers seeking large down payments to hold dates or to reserve service.
- Ask questions! The moving business can be complex and has its own jargon. If you aren't satisfied with the answers, or if the mover hesitates when you ask for clarification, talk to another company.
- For interstate shipments, look for an AMSA ProMover and obtain and read the required "pre-move" documents from your carrier: Your Rights and Responsibilities, Ready to Move, and information on the arbitration program that the carrier participates in.
ProMover — right, from the start!
Click here for an annual Moving Season marketing timeline.
Have any other questions or concerns? Please feel welcome to contact Donn Eurich at the MMA office for more information.